Barcelona

24/01/10

I’m in Spain! My parents own a little summer house close to Alicante, and I’m taking a week off to relax with my friends. On monday, we are heading out on a road trip to visit Valencia and Barcelona! Ever since I first saw Vicky Christina Barcelona, I have been IN LOVE with the city. And finally, I’m going there! I’m all packed and ready with my canon camera, my diana mini, lomo LC-A and lots of film!

Have any of you been to Barcelona before? If you have, please share your secrets on where to shop vintage, boutique, interesting jewellery, books, stationary and cheap trendy clothes! ;) If you know where to develop film (1 hour)  in Barcelona, please tell me!

I think the reason why I love Vicky Christina Barcelona so much is because I see so much of myself in both Vicky and Christina. In a sense I am so rational and controlled as Vicky, but I am also artistic and impulsive like Christina. And I love photography and art and love and architecture and everything else about the film. If you haven’t seen it yet, you should do it today… Here are some photographs from the city of Murcia that we visited yesterday:

All photos are taken with my iPhone and an app called Shake It Photo. I forgot my Canon cable at home, so you’ll have to wait until I get home to see the other pictures. However, if I find a decent one hour photo lab in Barcelona, I might be able to share some lomo love!

Luana January 24, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Wow, what a coincidence! I’m living in Madrid right now, I’m from here and I’ll be going to Barcelona in a week or so! How long will you be staying there for?

Joanne Faith January 24, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Lovely pictures, I can’t believe those were taken on an iPhone!

Ducks Like Tea January 24, 2010 at 11:42 pm

I’m jealous! Hope you have a great time :).
x.

Elle January 25, 2010 at 4:01 am

This is so cool! Hope you have a great time, and looking forward to all the awesome pictures :)

Sarah January 25, 2010 at 9:12 am

I totally enjoyed my holiday to Spain too! The architecture in Barcelona was amazing but I love Seville the most though. :D

Amelia Jane January 25, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Totally jealous! I’m heading to Spain next month and I absolutely cannot wait! I’ve never even peeked into a Barcelona guidebook either, so the whole place is going to be something of a surprise…! Beautiful photos.
xx

Luana January 25, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Oh I love Madrid, but I’ve never been to Barcelona or Alicante though I have friends who live there :) I have no idea what I’ll get up to in Barcelona but I’m also hoping to find some good places for food and vintage shopping, eek! So excited.

Jodi January 26, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Oh my goodness I absolutely love Barcelona! This summer me and two best friends took a bus all through Spain. Love these photos can;t believe iphone quality!