Amelia April 16, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I’ve tried meditating many times, but unfortunately it’s very hard for my brain to calm down. Recently I tried meditating to music and it’s much better. :) I’ll check out Tonglen Meditation and see how it is.

Marthe April 20, 2011 at 8:16 pm

It think this is much easier, you have something to focus on! And it makes me feel good! I haven’t tried with music, but I’ll try it!

Andie April 18, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I do occasionally, but would love to meditate more. This meditation is so beautiful, I think I will use it next time I try.

Marthe April 20, 2011 at 8:17 pm

I know! And it makes you feel beautiful too!

Caroline April 18, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Pema Chodron is really good, my mother loves her and send me some of her cd’s, with meditations and readings… she’s very inspiring! I find it very relaxing (and sometimes confronting) to meditate, but often skip doing this when i’m busy, while these are the times i could use it the most… strange how that works…
i love it that you’re writing again… about two years ago i went trough a tough phase as well, and although it was tough, it was a time of creation, on which i look back with a good and even happy feeling, because i lived it and came out of it a better and happier person.. i still forget this sometimes, but the real key is to accept and love yourself the way you are, because you are perfect that way…

thanks for your inspiring writings.. love Caroline

Marthe April 20, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I find her really inspiring too, I’ve just finished reading When Things Fall Apart.

Thank you so much, I’m so grateful for all the encouragement and love. I’m working on the self-love at the moment, making slow progress:)

Thank you so much for your comment, it really means a lot to me to know that you are listening and finding it inspiring!

Marthe

Samantha April 21, 2011 at 3:36 am

That is really beautiful. I haven’t tried meditating yet. Really I’m not sure where to start.

Marthe April 21, 2011 at 12:30 pm

My impression is that there is no right or wrong way to start. Just do it!

Start really small, maybe just 2 minutes. If you want to try Tonglen, just set your alarm to two minutes, find a comfortable position and start breathing in the pain (yours or someone elses) and breathe out compassion and kindness (towards yourself or someone else).

That’s it! Do it every day & see if you’ll notice any changes! :) Good luck!