Let’ call it magic – how to add a little spark

09/10/11

Sometimes. Just a few words. Are enough.

Sometimes. Just a glance. Just a nod. Just a faint smile.

Sometimes. All you need is a tiny glimmer, a flicker of hope. And a little spark.

It’s in the small stuff, darling.

Can you spare five minutes today? Or maybe just one?

Send a text to someone you love and tell them so

Make a 5 min outline of how you will add magic to your day today

Write a tweet that will motivate your friends to keep on doing their awesome

Spend 5 minutes making the best cup of tea that you have ever made

Read just one poem

Take a picture to savour this moment.

Spend five minutes giving yourself a sparkly manicure

Take just one really deep breath – relax

Write one sentence that might become a novel one day

Give someone a hug

Smile to a stranger

Smile at yourself in the bathroom mirror

Light a candle

Listen to your favourite song

Think about something you are looking forward to

Write a list of 10 things you are grateful for

Connect with someone you admire and give of yourself

Stretch your body

Write a short note of forgiveness, to yourself or somebody else. Send it or not.

Spend a moment to listen to yourself – what do you need right now?

▲▲▲

What are your small practices that add magic to your life?

Samantha October 9, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I find giving someone a compliment has been making my day lately so I’ve set a goal of giving at least one compliment each day for myself.

Marthe October 10, 2011 at 7:11 pm

What a great goal! If everyone did the same, imagine how wonderful the world would be! :)

Hanna October 10, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I love those moments when I don’t have anything important to do and just listen to nice music and dream about the future, not in a goal-oriented way but in a ‘hollywood-movie’ way: totally unrealistical but still magical.

Marthe October 10, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Dreaming like that sounds awesome! Hope you do it often! :)

Kimberley October 13, 2011 at 3:53 am

A beautiful truth with lots of beautiful little ideas. Thanks for another uplifting post Marthe! x

Marthe October 14, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Krissy October 20, 2011 at 12:22 am

Oh Marthe, you always inspire me. Lately I’ve felt like I’m in such a rut, so I’m going to try and incorporate some of these back into my life. I could use a little extra sparkle. :)

Desi December 5, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Thank you for all the wonderful words I read in your blog. I am having a bad time and I found your blog like it was met to happen right now :) You help me to find my way back to who I am and back to what I was hoping for and fighting in this wolrd.