Tereza November 11, 2011 at 6:13 am

I love this post! About six months ago, I started writing one sentence each night about the day. I really liked it and found that establishing one new habit or practice has a snowball effect…once you start one thing that brings you joy and peace, you can’t help but drawing more of that into your life.

Marthe November 13, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Thank you!

Oh, that sounds like a very nice practice:) So inspiring!

Halley November 21, 2011 at 5:38 pm

This is a fantastic subject to write about and you did it so well, Marthe.

I stop in the middle of the day (when it’s hectic) take a deep breath and appreciate the world around me. Plus counting my blessings and letting the people I love know how much I appreciate them.

Colby January 6, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Cannot wait to chat about all of these and more next week – see you soon! xx

Marthe January 7, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Really looking forward to meeting you! :)

Foxglove Lane February 21, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Now I am delving even more into your posts, love love love your blog, thank you so much for sharing it;~)

Alkyoni Pap. September 18, 2012 at 4:55 pm

This is a very helpful post. I’m trying to post a drawing each day in blog, even if they’re not perfect. That way I learn to expose my work to others and it also gives me reason to do a sketch for every day.

Katy Fisher March 5, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I teach preschool so they are many times in my day where I feel deeply overwhelmed and weak. I recently started taking that moment to go to a corner and breathe, when my kids ask me whats wrng I tell them I am feeling a little overwhelemed and I need to take a minute to breathe. After I breathe I look at my kids and remind myself to enjoy this, enjoy the excitment they have and let myself be silly. Then, during there nap I write down how I was feeling at that moment and what got me to that point. Its been amazing.

Emma March 14, 2013 at 9:46 pm

This is a great idea!
what I plan to do is lay down somewhere (anywhere)and just lay and think about whatever comes to me,I won’t over think though! And when i’m ready I will just write a little something (sentance, word, paragraph or even a doodle) it does’nt matter what it is about, a title, an idea, lyrics, a name, anything! I plan to do this whenever I am in need of some relaxing time, hopefully it will help make things clear

Ruthie May 25, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Hi,
I like to speak to my angels every day, ask for help and ‘tune into’ the benign force of the universe. They may not be ‘angels’ but that’s what I call it. It makes me feel supported and if I’m in a dark place I know I’m never alone. Angel cards are good too.
Ruthie, (Scotland)

Farnoosh January 12, 2015 at 4:29 pm

I love this and I’m linking to it from my post today on building a spiritual practice. I focused more on the why and you focused on the how. Perfect compliment! :))

Lama Surya Das April 16, 2015 at 8:30 am

Creativity is what makes life worth living. Creating is a spiritual act that connects me with the divine and with people. Creativity and even more specifically, artistic expression, can be considered a spiritual practice. An idea or practice is spiritual when it reveals our personal desire to establish a felt-relationship with the deepest meanings or powers governing life.

JP September 16, 2015 at 2:34 am

I resonate with what you have said here. I found you on FB, and similar to you, I deleted my ex boyfriend’s number from my phone and then decided to deactivate from FB altogether. But I subscribed to two inspiring posts, yours was one of them. I enjoy reading your posts, and want to thank you for being such an inspiration of gentle strength to many people around the world (I am in Australia).
Wishing you the very best in your personal life always!