06/07/12

Jana July 6, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Marthe, I LOVE this piece! It is so perfect for me right now, I will save it in my all-time favourites! You are so gifted, I love having you in my life and inbox! Thank you so much! <3

Marthe July 6, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Thank you so much, Jana! I love how this post resonates so clearly with you, especially since I started thinking about this topic already last week. It was meant for you, babe!

And thank you for your support, always. <3

Melissa July 7, 2012 at 3:01 am

Such a lovely post :) It resonated with me as only a few weeks back I stopped to ‘check my maps’ and found that subconsciously I had been hating my journalism degree and that furthermore, I hated the profession, so have changed to psychology and I just feel free now, as though a light went on inside my mind. It is funny how once you are on the right path everything just falls into place :) x Melissa

Marthe July 7, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Thank you Melissa! Congratulations on the newfound freedom. I’m so happy to hear things are falling into place and I’d love to hear more about what is next for you :)

Catherine July 9, 2012 at 10:59 am

Very good one ! All wise and full of smart ideas ! I love maps (I mean, geographical ones …), so I’m gonna love checking mine life one !

Katherine July 9, 2012 at 2:02 pm

As usual, you’re saying all the right things! But it always feels like you’re saying them right when I need to hear them!

I’ve been following what I thought was my ‘dream job’ for years now and the closer I get to the end goal, the more I realise that I don’t want to be there. It’s like I’ve got the map, but I don’t like what it’s telling me!

Thank you, you are wonderful!

David Delp August 25, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I love this metaphor. I check my map every year, every week, and every day. The small iterations are so much less overwhelming and productive than a once-a-year anual assessment, followed by drinking and forgetting.

I need to find out more about Chinchillas!

-David