Caroline August 4, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Wow marthe, here i am alone on munich airport waiting for my connecting flight to jakarta and suddenly i’m stressing out about my visa… Which will be fine, i know, but not for sure… And i check my mail and find this post in my inbox, which calmes me down… I’m on my way to travel indonesia, on my own, which is great and terrifying at the same time and i sort of refuse to feel the terrifying part, which is also just there :-) so thanks again… Boarding now :-) love caroline

Marthe August 5, 2012 at 1:04 am

Caroline, this is so exciting! I hope you have a great journey with lots of new experiences and amazing connections.

Alarwyn August 5, 2012 at 12:25 am

Oh, I know that feeling.

I’m volunteering the next three days at a local music festival, and I’m terrified… What if they don’t want me there? What if I do something wrong? What if the other people don’t like me? What if I’m not cool/strong/interesting enough? What will I do?

Of course, in my head I know these are pretty silly thoughts. But my heart and belly are definitely in the butterfly zone. Who knows, maybe I’ll have the best week of the summer!

Marthe August 5, 2012 at 1:06 am

Volunteering sounds so exciting! I would be nervous too, but this really sounds like one of those experieces with potential to make you addicted to the fun it will bring!

I love your attitude, yes – who knows? Maybe you’ll have the best week of your life?!

Henriette Willix August 5, 2012 at 2:31 am

Hei Marthe! Jeg fant linken til bloggen på facebookprofilen din. Herlighet, at jeg ikke har kommet meg inn her før! Så utrolig flink du er til å skrive, og så inspirerende tekster du skriver. Jeg har brukt flere timer på å lese meg bakover i arkivet.. Du setter ord på ting mange tenker, men ikke tør å gjøre noe med. Du har hvertfall fått en fast leser :-) Kanskje vi sees på Nova til høsten igjen? Hilsen Henriette PS Tok det på norsk jeg, selv om vi tydeligvis begge befinner oss i USA! ;)

Rhianna August 5, 2012 at 7:27 am

Love the idea of stepping out of the comfort zone. It pretty much always leads to good thingss! Unfortunately I’ve come to learn that roller coasters cause me serious nausea and dizziness these days. But I did anticipate and absolutely love them as a teenager. These days my passion is traveling and soaking up as much time with friends (old & new) and family as possible. My husband and I both quit our jobs in June to pursue these passions of ours. It took a lot of planning, saving, compromising, doubts, and arguments but in the end we always came to the same conclusion: We’re doing it, because we know in our hearts it’s the right thing to do in pursuit of happiness. Love the Freedom Experiment!!! Keep up the good inspiring work!

Lucille Skjarstad August 16, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Hi Marte!

Well… I have yet to commit to the action of my plan… but I DO have a plan.

I’ve decided to try and sell my art work, i’ve been painting for about 4 years now. I don’t have extensive knowledge about art, I know I like it and it makes me happy. I couldn’t define my style as anything really, I don’t actually know what I’m painting until I’m about halfway done. But I’ve decided to take the leap and go for it! I’m so incredibly nervous though, I will be setting up a booth at a local market & seeing how I do.

I think my biggest fear is hearing someone say something hurtful about my work and being discouraged from painting in the future. But I guess going into it with this fear will help me to deal if it does happen.

I’m not painting for other’s approval. This is actually the first time I’ve considered selling my work, and I’m only doing it to make a few extra dollars before the holidays. Time to take the leap!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Leah October 20, 2012 at 1:46 am

I’m stepping out of my comfort zone right now, Marthe! I came up with the idea to offer virtual assistant services to creative/handmade businesses, and am trying to figure out how that would work.

Right now I’m thinking of sending non-spammy, short-n-sweet e-mails to those in that area of biz that I admire and ask if they need help or know of anyone else who might. Let me tell you, it’s nerve-wracking… but at the same time, exhilarating!