Anja November 7, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Thank you Marthe, I needed this today. It feels like quite a while since I read your blog. However yet again, you seem to know exactly what I (and I’m guessing many other) am going through. You have a genuine insight into life- keep at it!

Marthe November 8, 2013 at 5:53 pm

You’re right, I haven’t blogged in a while. I only write when I have something to give, and lately I have been completely depleted. However, this time of rest has given me lots of ideas for new posts, so watch this space! ;)

Love,
Marthe

Eve November 7, 2013 at 7:44 pm

This is wonderful. I hit the pavement last week after midterms and found myself constantly crying over menial tasks, never seeming to get enough sleep, and skipping classes because I just couldn’t do it anymore. You posted this on the “in between week” of midterms and finals where I have little to do but feel like I should be doing something productive! This was the perfect reassurance for me not to feel guilty for laying in bed all day doing “nothing.”

I adore your new plan and hope it gives you what you need!

Marthe November 8, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Eve,
don’t feel guilty at all! Enjoy your time off! :)

Love,
Marthe

Michelle November 7, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Marthe,
So interesting that this would be your post today, Im just having my coffee while reading, writing and drawing inspiration from my favorite blogs. This is what I do to “fill myself up” in order for selfless love to overflow from me I must first be full! You pour yourself out in an effort to nurture others, strangers like me, and trust me the effects are profound. But dont forget to fill yourself up! Take your time love… and thank you for being so brave to share this and every other post w us. I’ve never commented before although I read every single thing you write including your book :) you touch more peoples spirits than you know <3
Namaste

Marthe November 8, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Hi Michelle,
thank you so much for this. You’re right, I forget to nurture myself sometimes – giving makes my life deeply meaningful, but I can overdo it sometimes.

Much love to you,
Marthe

Sophie November 8, 2013 at 11:43 am

You are so bang on with work becoming counter productive after a point. I remind myself of this every winter as I always need lots of down time with my seasonal affective disorder.

Marthe November 8, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Hi Sophie,
take all the time you need. If you’re suffering from SAD, maybe you are just like the flowers and the trees? A little too closely related to nature? I love to look at my SAD like that, like I have more in common with the bears and the squirrels than most people.. :D

Love,