Kelita Haverland February 16, 2017 at 10:48 pm

Thanks so much Marthe. These are such great points. My husband and I have a beautiful finished basement where our son used to live. Now that he’s gone we have a renter. There is no separate entrance so this person actually has to walk through our home. I took 6 weeks to carefully find the ideal tenant who is quite, respectful and trustworthy. We now have extra money each month to free us up from certain expenses.

Marthe February 18, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Hi Kelita,
lovely to hear from you! :) And congratulations on finding the right tenant, and for the extra freedom! That’s so great to hear! :D

Much love,
Marthe

Nora February 17, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes!
and thank you. Nora

Marthe February 18, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Nora,

thank YOU. :)

Much love,
Marthe

Stephanie February 21, 2017 at 8:55 pm

All day today, this unsettled feeling of clutter has been in my thoughts, but at the edge of this cliff I feel I’m running to, I see that what is below is not disaster but what I crave — simplicity in minimalism. I’m not sure how to start, and I’m struggling with wanting it all to be done now and not wanting to put the work in, but I know I have so much to learn about myself and about the things that hold me back. Thank you.

Marthe February 26, 2017 at 12:19 pm

Hi Stephanie,

way to go for recognising your need and craving for minimalism and simplicity! That’s the first step; to know what you want. Maybe you can start by getting rid of some things? Start small and go through a drawer, a closet, or maybe start with a small room… Little by little is the way.

Much love,
Marthe

littlesunbear July 19, 2017 at 3:58 am

Thank you for coming back to the website :) For many months, I visited your pages for gentle tips on self-care and wellness whenever I felt demotivated, uninspired or stressed. I just wanted to take the time to leave a comment today :) Thanks for creating a cozy space for your readers.. We missed it when the website was down. Good luck with your new direction! x

Marthe July 24, 2017 at 3:44 pm

Thank you so much! :) I hope you’ll like the new website and direction I’m headed in! :) Basically, I’ll write more about freedom, lifestyle and creativity – and how to live a conscious life! :)

Ruth July 20, 2017 at 2:56 am

I love my freedom…whether via the means of escaping through travel or simply freedom of thought. For me, it was when I realized I do have the freedom to choose that it’s made all the difference. Nothing may change in my life, but the way I feel about it does – I.e. gaining more control over my thoughts and actions. The other thing that has worked well for me in this area is literally learning how to trust the process. This means going from simply agreeing to the concept to actually believing in it. This can offer a whole new level of letting go.
Thanks for your words Marthe 😊

Marthe July 24, 2017 at 3:45 pm

Thank you for commenting, Ruth! :D I agree a lot about having the freedom to choose how to relate to it all! It’s the ultimate freedom, in my opinion! :)